To help you better understand how BOGOS works, we’ve put together a list of frequently asked questions. We have collected these questions from our 8 years of supporting Shopify merchants of all business sizes. Let’s get started! 😁
Table of contents
- How to create a BOGO (buy one get one) with BOGOS app?
- How to create a Spend $ get gift?
- Can I create tiered offers with BOGOS?
- Can I select gift cards in offers?
- How to reward a customer with their first purchase?
- Can I limit the gift stock?
- Can I set up the number of times the offers are used?
- Will the Shopify discount code work in Checkout with BOGOS gift?
- I don’t want customers to get gift and discount code at the same time. Is it possible?
- Can your app offer free shipping?
- How to edit the free gift icon?
- How to stop calculating the shipping cost on gift item?
- What is the currency used in your app?
- What is my BOGOS plan?
- Final thoughts
How to create a BOGO (buy one get one) with BOGOS app?
You can create a Buy one get one, or Buy X get Y with BOGOS. In offer main condition, please select Specific product condition:
- Set the Number of products that customers should buy to receive gifts (E.g: Fill 1)
- Multiply gifts with number of products: This feature allows customers get more gifts as they buy more products (E.g: Buy 1 get 1 > Buy 2 get 2 > Buy 3 get 3 …)
- Click at Select product to choose products as condition of the offer.
Finally, select the gifts of the offer and click at Publish when you’ve finished.
How to create a Spend $ get gift?
You can create a gift offer base on customer spending in your Shopify store. In offer main condition, please select Cart value condition:
- Min: set the minimum cart value to get gift (E.g: 100$)
- Choose apply to Any product in The condition will apply to
Finally, you can select the gifts of the offer and click at Publish when you’ve finished!
Can I create tiered offers with BOGOS?
Yes, it’s possible to create tiered offers with BOGOS app. Example of tiered offers: you want to offer customers one gift when they spend $50, and two gifts when they spend $100.
We will use Cart value condition to make this happen. Please create 2 different offers with minimum and maximum spending as below:
- Spend $50 get one gift: Minimum cart value as 50 and maximum cart value as 99.99
- Spend $100 to get two gifts: Min cart value as 100, leave Max blank
Can I select gift cards in offers?
It’s now possible to select gift cards in your offers! To make this happen, please enable the feature Draft-Order API in Settings.
After that, please select your gift card like a normal gift product. Feel free to reach out for our Support team via Live chat if you need help.
How to reward a customer with their first purchase?
You can set up offers with normal main conditions. To reward customers with the first purchase, please also add up the Offer sub-condition (Add sub-condition > Customer’s order history > Add this condition). Then tick the Total number of place order box and set both min and max as 0.
Can I limit the gift stock?
Yes you can, and to do so please check the Gift inventory management in Settings. After that, you will need to enable Sync gift products’ quantity with original products’ quantity or Manual input inventory for cloned gift products.
- Sync gift products’ quantity with original products’ quantity: The gift products will not be tracked. It will reduce directly to the original product stock.
- Manual input inventory for cloned gift products: You can go to your Products section in Shopify and manually fill in the stock fo rthe gift products made by our app. When the gift product runs out, the offer will stop.
Can I set up the number of times the offers are used?
Yes, and in order to set this up, please go to Settings > Gift inventory management > enable Manual input inventory for cloned gift products. After that, please go to your Shopify Admin and input the number of times the offers should be used as the stocks of the cloned gift product.
Feel free to reach out for our Support if you need help, we know the steps could be a little complicated! 😁
Will the Shopify discount code work in Checkout with BOGOS gift?
Customers can receive gifts from our app AND enter discount code at checkout page at the same time.
I don’t want customers to get gift and discount code at the same time. Is it possible?
Yes, with our Draft Order API feature, customers cannot get apply discount code if they’ve already got gifts. You can go to the Settings in app then turn on the feature > Save changes.
Can your app offer free shipping?
No, our app does not offer free shipping promotion. BOGOS app works by cloning the selected gift product and adding it to customers’ cart when they satisfy the gift offer.
How to edit the free gift icon?
The gift icon will appear on the collection page and product page of the product chosen as gift condition if you set up an offer for Specific product condition in Offer main condition. You can customize the size and image of Gift icon by going to Customize > Gift icon.
How to stop calculating the shipping cost on gift item?
Please go to Product Admin > search for products with title (100% off). In Shipping, choose Digital product or service.
What is the currency used in your app?
The currency used in the app will be your default currency of your Shopify store. BOGOS can work with many multiple-currency stores. If your store is using multiple currencies, the offer condition is based on the default currency. You can also use this recommended currency converter app which works best with our app.
What is my BOGOS plan?
The subscription plan of BOGOS will be automatically according to your Shopify plan, as the higher Shopify plan requires more resources from us to run the app properly. You may find out more information about our pricing announced on our app listing or from our Pricing page.
For example: If you are on a Professional plan, the subscription plan of BOGOS app is also a Professional plan.
Our team has collected some of the most common questions from our beloved Shopify merchants, and we will continue to update this post in the future. If you have any wondering about BOGOS, leave us a note at email@example.com or get in ouch with us via Live Chat in app. 😊